Requisition ID: 152065
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
A Technical Quality Manager (TQM) works for Premium Engagement customers, such as SAP MaxAttention or SAP Active Embedded. The aim of this role is to give customers a long term relationship with better access to SAP for topics related to operation and adopting innovation in their SAP centric solutions. The TQM drives that the right services out of the SAP portfolio of proactive and reactive support services are delivered at the right point in time. The TQM also acts as a link to all relevant SAP departments and the SAP Partners for all phases of the customer lifecycle.
The exact scope of a Premium Engagement is defined in a contract and additional agreements are made during the regular alignment meetings between the customer, the Engineering Architect, the TQMs and the SAP Account team.
The TQM needs to understand and has to work with several areas of a customer organization:
Customer IT Department
- Usually the IT department is the main driver inside a customer organization for the Premium Engagement. The TQM has therefore to closely work with and understand the needs of the main stakeholders in the IT department. In the IT department, also typically the project leads are located, which are main contact partners for Premium Engagements supporting implementation or maintenance projects.
Customer Business Departments
- To deliver value in the Premium Engagement the TQM must understand the underlying business requirements of a customer. This includes understanding the “real-live” business of the customer with its requirements coming from the customer’s customers, the competitive market situation, the partner eco-system and the requirements of the end users.
The TQM can be a generalist with a strong technical background to organize support for the customer, or a specialist to support customers in particular areas directly or a mixture of both.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The TQM works typically on complex customer software solutions with one or few projects. He or she can work independently in this environment and takes the required steps to involve SAP Backoffice functions when needed. The TQM identifies areas where the premium engagement can add value to the customer IT and business departments and aligns these with the Engineering Architect and SAP Account team.
Larger service plans and support programs such as Engineering Services are aligned directly with customer senior management successfully and the TQM is proficient in communication with CIOs (or equivalent) of medium size companies.
Technical evaluation and documentation of customer situation
- The TQM gets a detailed understanding of the customer situation, including solution landscape, core business processes, interfaces, critical projects and top issues and makes sure they are documented in the SAP Solution Manager.
- The TQM is able to understand and judge importance of all issues raised and recommendations given in SAP DBS Services and can execute follow-up if necessary. He or she is able to quickly adopt technology and application knowledge required for holistic support of the customer solution. For general SAP technology and application questions he or she can give an answer directly. For more specific topics evaluation and solution is driven by the TQM in cooperation with the SAP DBS CoE.
- Identification of technical risks
- Ensure resolution of issues and top issues.
- Create an action plan for resolution of the customer‘s top issues. Involve SAP Backoffice organization, SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners.
- Drive the execution of action plans for customers top issues by coordinating the involvement of required SAP experts, as well as experts from the customer and partners onsite and remote.
- Decide about escalation of critical situations at the appropriate time to the appropriate organization, such as Mission Critical Support, SAP Senior management, or the SAP Account Team.
Execution of the Engagement Plan
- Execution of the “Engagement Plan” to safeguard and optimize projects and operations.
- Quality Management for Implementation or Upgrade Projects
- Analysis of system landscape and technical issues
- Align necessary actions with customer for business continuity according to SAP Best Practices
- Ensure setup and training of customer for Root Cause Analysis
- Drive establishment of system monitoring procedures as well as monitoring of business process and interfaces
- Provide support to manage data volumes to control business data growth
- Business process monitoring and exception handling
- Quality Management for Business Process Improvement
Identify top issues and improvement potential for the areas of:
- System landscape
- Business processes
Management of service and action plan
Define a service plan based on customer’s project plan and top issues in accordance with the contract situation.
- The TQM knows the relevant SAP delivery portfolio and finds the best possible way to deliver effectively for maximizing the customer value and increasing SAP delivery efficiency. This includes making use of remote delivery and delivery via other support contracts the customer, and aligning the service plan well in advance with the SAP delivery organizations.
- Align service plan with customer: The TQM is able to react on short term needs for the customer and can also propose a long term plan to the customer to proactively avoid issues.
- Prepare the customer contacts for upcoming service delivery
- Prepare Remote and On-site teams with customer specific information
Establish SAP Solution Manager as collaboration platform
The TQM establishes the SAP Solution Manager as a collaboration platform for
- Developing and driving detailed engagement plans
- Maintaining Service and action plans
- Measurement of KPIs agreed with the customer
- Executing and controlling projects
- This includes showing the benefit of the Solution Manager as well as giving guidance on how to make the Solution Manager ready for delivery.
- Requires 6 years of professional experience with a minimum of 4 years of SAP Product experience. SAP Support / Consulting Services experience is strongly preferred
- Good understanding of the SAP Business Suite and the underlying Technology
- Solid understanding of SAP Solution Manager
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree required
- Backgrounds in project management and demonstrated ability to work with customer’s senior-level management
- Ability to communicate to C-Level (internal SAP & customer)
- Fluent in English
- Successful candidates will couple high intellectual ability with strong ‘people skills’ in helping positioning and setup of collaborative engagements with customers and eventually partners
- Broad understanding of SAP Solutions
- Broad understanding of SAP Solution Manager strategy and scenarios
- Understanding in SAP strategy including service portfolio & Cloud transformation
- Desired experience as Technical Quality Manager
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.